Welcome to your career in Veterinary Medicine
We’re an ambitious bunch, and we’re looking for the right people to help bring a vision to life at our flagship location in Christiansburg, VA. Join a passionate team of veterinary professionals that are on a mission to build a better future for mixed animal medicine.
Associate Veterinarian – Large Animal
Associate Veterinarian - Small Animal
Two (2) positions available
Being an AppVet Doctor means being comfortable taking on new projects, making bold moves, and leading teams as we grow and outfit a brand new surgical suite and begin to provide small animal surgical and dentistry procedures. In addition to a lead surgeon we are also looking for an excellent preventive health and internal medicine doctor that is an expert in communication, education and preventive health. We have an enthusiastic and experienced staff to support our doctors and are looking for the next leader to develop within our practice. We are focused on practicing a high standard of medicine and making animal care our number one priority. We also know that a happy team provides better care. We work hard to create a fantastic workplace culture and ensure that each team member feels cared for, challenged, and rewarded every single day. We have a clear mission and core values and stick to those principles in everything that we do.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust our team. This is not a place where you will be micromanaged. We hire smart people and give them ownership in what they do.
- Mentorship and growth are a priority. Our team members are never alone. We take on challenges and solve problems together in the same direction, and always strive to work toward our unified goals.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, health, dental, and retirement investments, maternal/paternal leave, retention-based paid-time-off, generous CE allowance, uniform, etc.)
- In-house blood analyzers
- In-house urinalysis
- Underwater treadmill/rehab
- Laser therapy
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical practice experience.
- Proficiency and/or deep interest in soft tissue surgery.
- You thrive in a positive and collaborative team culture.
- You provide thoughtful, compassionate, ethical care.
- You’re a great communicator and have excellent social acuity.
- You embrace change and progress excites you.