Welcome to the Beginning of Your Career in Vet Med
Appalachian Veterinary Services is at the ground level of building the future of mixed animal veterinary medicine and we’re looking for experienced team members to help us at our flagship location in Christiansburg, VA.
Small Animal Veterinarian
Two (2) positions available
Being an AppVet Doctor means being comfortable taking on new projects, making bold moves, and leading teams as we grow and outfit a brand new surgical suite and begin to provide small animal surgical and dentistry procedures. In addition to a lead surgeon we are also looking for an excellent preventive health and internal medicine doctor that is an expert in communication, education and preventive health. We have an enthusiastic and experienced staff to support our doctors and are looking for the next leader to develop within our practice. We are focused on practicing a high standard of medicine and making animal care our number one priority. We also know that a happy team provides better care. We work hard to create a fantastic workplace culture and ensure that each team member feels cared for, challenged, and rewarded every single day. We have a clear mission and core values and stick to those principles in everything that we do.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust our team. This is not a place where you will be micromanaged. We hire smart people and give them ownership in what they do.
- Mentorship and growth are a priority. Our team members are never alone. We take on challenges and solve problems together in the same direction, and always strive to work toward our unified goals.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, health, dental, and retirement investments, maternal/paternal leave, retention-based paid-time-off, generous CE allowance, uniform, etc.)
- In-house blood analyzers
- In-house urinalysis
- Underwater treadmill/rehab
- Laser therapy
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical practice experience.
- Proficiency and/or deep interest in soft tissue surgery.
- You thrive in a positive and collaborative team culture.
- You provide thoughtful, compassionate, ethical care.
- You’re a great communicator and have excellent social acuity.
- You embrace change and progress excites you.
Our Veterinary Receptionist will support our patients as they come through the door. You’re the first and last touchpoint for our clients and patients, so it’s imperative to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Greet clients and patients warmly and enthusiastically as you develop close relationships in our community.
- Handle scheduling large animal and small animal appointments.
Answer multi-line phones.
- Keep our common areas clean.
- Communicate information to clients accurately and efficiently.
- Occasionally assist with procedures.
You’ll Be a Great Fit if:
- You’re social and speaking to people gives you energy.
- You’re analytical and are a driven self-starter with enthusiasm and initiative.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can help bring a vision to life.
- You communicate clearly, and are well organized.
- You’re resourceful and detail oriented.
- You have an agricultural or farming background.
Our Core Values:
We Exemplify Ownership. In medicine, everyone is a leader in their role and to lead those around you by setting a positive example and holding yourself accountable to a higher standard is something we value in each team member.
We Have a Client Obsession. We always strive to over-deliver and exceed people’s expectations in everything we do and do it with enthusiasm. We strive to wow people with our outstanding client experience, customer service, and case follow-up. We don’t wait for our competitors to improve in order to offer our clients better service. We offer more for the sake of offering more.
We Are Disciplined. We are self-motivated to stay on task and get the job done. From the big picture down to the finite details of every case we take on, we are driven and focused on consistently moving forward.
We Stay Humble. We don’t take credit for our individual successes but give credit to the team of people that make these successes possible.
We Build Positive and Fun Relationships. We work to build positive and fun relationships both internally and externally, and we know how much the success of the practice is built on this. Quality relationships are what successful people and successful companies thrive on.
We Are Always Learning. We must always have something differentiated and unique, and that means always being inventive, creative, and thoughtful in everything we do. We believe in a growth mindset and take the time to learn new things to better ourselves personally and improve our performance and the value we can provide.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where you will be micromanaged. We hire smart people and give them ownership in what they do.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and retirement investments, parenteral-leave, paid-time-off, etc.)
- Mentorship is a priority. Our team members are never alone. We tackle challenges and questions together in the same direction and always strive to work toward our unified goals.
Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work some Saturdays (half-day).