Appalachian Veterinary Services is growing and we’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic large animal veterinarian to bring onto our team.
Our veterinarians are the heartbeat of our mission. You’re the face of our practice, the voice of hope and the last touchpoint for our large animal patients, so it’s imperative to make them feel welcomed, cared for and always informed.
You’ll fit in great if
- You’ve earned a DVM degree or equivalent.
- Helping people makes you happy.
- You thrive in a positive and collaborative team culture.
- You provide thoughtful, compassionate, and ethical care.
- You have a great sense of humor.
You’ll be an exceptional applicant if
- You’re a great communicator and have excellent social acuity.
- You embrace change and progress excites you.
- You have leadership skills and are able to spearhead new projects and lead teams.
Our Core Values:
We Exemplify Ownership. In medicine, everyone is a leader in their role and to lead those around you by setting a positive example and holding yourself accountable to a higher standard is something we value in each team member.
We Have a Client Obsession. We always strive to over-deliver and exceed people’s expectations in everything we do and do it with enthusiasm. We strive to wow people with our outstanding client experience, customer service, and case follow-up. We don’t wait for our competitors to improve in order to offer our clients better service. We offer more for the sake of offering more.
We Are Disciplined. We are self-motivated to stay on task and get the job done. From the big picture down to the finite details of every case we take on, we are driven and focused on consistently moving forward.
We Stay Humble. We don’t take credit for our individual successes but give credit to the team of people that make these successes possible.
We Build Positive and Fun Relationships. We work to build positive and fun relationships both internally and externally and we know how much the success of the practice is built on this. Quality relationships are what successful people and successful companies thrive on.
We Are Always Learning. We must always have something differentiated and unique, and that means always being inventive, creative, and thoughtful in everything we do. We believe in a growth mindset and take the time to learn new things to better ourselves personally and improve our performance and the value we can provide.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where you will be micromanaged. We hire smart, capable people and give them ownership in what they do.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and retirement investments, parenteral-leave, paid-time-off, etc.)
- Mentorship is a priority. Our team members are never alone. We tackle challenges and questions together in the same direction, and always strive to work toward our unified goals.